Friday, September 10, 2010

Pantry Paradise

My pantry was "out of control".....stuff stacked (sometimes) everywhere and not necessarily in order.  But, heck it was a pantry off the kitchen with stored groceries, it wasn't on display for all to see.  Then one day as I was relaxing in front of the TV, I heard a "pop...bang".  I looked around and didn't see anything.  Got up, walked into the kitchen and everything looked fine.  Huh!  must have been outside.  Very strange!

But, a couple days later as I'm preparing dinner I open the pantry to get......OMG!  A can of mandarin oranges exploded.  Everywhere!  What a mess!  I just bought that can, so I knew it wasn't old.  Must have been defective or something.  Well, I proceeded to clean up the mess when I realized it was everywhere and it was a sticky mess.  I did a so-so job and knew that a major cleaning of the pantry was in my future. 

Well, the future arrived.  And for the past couple days....I emptied, I washed, I lined, I sorted and I stacked.  The end result........was worth it.  Now I love my pantry again and I can't wait to cook with all the "treasures" I found hidden in the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment